matroxfb, anybody? (More details...)

Takashi Oe toe at unlinfo.unl.edu
Fri Feb 5 09:52:56 EST 1999

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, dhiltgen at toocool.calpoly.edu wrote:

> I tried to pass the parameters to control at bootup hoping that
> would circumvent the problem by using:
>
> append="video=matrox:vesa:0x11a,nopan,fv:80 video=control:vmode:6,cmode:32"

I don't know about the latest vger source tree, but 2.2.1 from kernel.org
or 990201 vger source at linuxppc.cs.nmt.edu don't have the necessary
codes to support that for controlfb.  It probably makes no difference for
your problem, but you can try the patch below:

ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/toe/planb/patch-990128.diff.gz

This contains the patches (fbmem.c and controlfb.c) for setting boot time
options among other things.

Takashi Oe