Booting 2.2.0-pre6 on a PowerStack-II (Net 4000/200)

Michael Meissner meissner at cygnus.com
Fri Feb 5 06:09:30 EST 1999

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 04:18:25PM -0000, Gary Thomas wrote:

> On 01-Feb-99 Michael Meissner wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 03:21:36PM -0000, Gary Thomas wrote:
> >> I have put up all my patches against 2.2.0p7 at:
> >>   ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/gary/diffs-2.2.0p7-Jan20
> >> These are diffs against the virgin 2.2.0-pre7.
> >
> > Over the weekend, I moved the PowerPC to my home, and confirmed Gary's patches
> > do allow me to boot on my Utah machine.  Note, the patch for
> > drives/char/pc_keyb.c won't apply to 2.2.1, but its a simple matter to adjust
> > the patch.
> >

> I'll re-post these for 2.2.1 later [possibly today], along with a
> couple of others I have.

Note, I went into the office yesterday, and tried my boot disk with Gary's
changes on the older PowerStack-1 I have in the office (603, no L2 cache, 48
meg of non-pairity memory), and it wouldn't boot due to insufficient memory.
As I mentioned, it does boot fine on my PowerStack-II (Utah, 604e, 128 meg of
memory, 512K L2 cache).

> Gary Thomas                              |
> email: gdt at linuxppc.org                  | "Fine wine is a necessity of
>    ... opinions expressed here are mine  |        life for me"
>        and no one else would claim them! |
>                                          |      Thomas Jefferson

Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions (Massachusetts office)
4th floor, 955 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
meissner at cygnus.com,	617-354-5416 (office),	617-354-7161 (fax)