PReP framebuffer patches (clgenfb)

Jeff Rugen jrugen at primenet.com
Fri Feb 5 03:58:51 EST 1999

I have some pacthes to get clgenfb working on the Motorola Powerstack
available (finally :-)  )  They are against 2.2.1, since I haven't been able
to get a vger kernel running (haven't looked into it much -- happens
immediately after decompressing the kernel though).  I'd appreciate any
feedback.

The page is:  http://www.primenet.com/~jrugen/linux/linuxppc.html

I also have a version of Xbh on the page (compiled against pre-R5 XFree86
libraries) that has some support for 16- and 32- bit color (it comes up in
both modes, and 32-bit color seems to work fine except for lots of flicker
when text scrolls.  16-bit color comes up with the right colors, but xv on a
jpeg shows a definite lack of green...

I have more text about each bit on the page itself.

Jeff Rugen                      jrugen at primenet.com

...Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and you
would not have been informed.