iMac: sound?

Paul Mackerras paulus at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 2 16:09:42 EST 1999

Gerd Knorr <kraxel at goldbach.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Is the existing Amiga/PowerMac DMAsound driver supported to work on the
> iMac too?  Simply insmoding it seems not to work, I get these messages in
> the syslog:
>
> 	AWACS: error, status = 4f00d0
> 	DMA sound driver: Interrupt initialization failed

That's a symptom of macos having shut down the awacs chip.  I haven't
found any way short of a hard reset to start it up again.

The dmasound.c in my anon rsync tree (samba.anu.edu.au::linux-pmac-devel)
has very minimal burgundy support already.  I (and Peter Barker here)
are working on it now.

Paul.