matroxfb, anybody? (More details...)

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Feb 1 21:04:59 EST 1999

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Petr Vandrovec Ing. VTEI wrote:
> Strange. I tried two fbdev servers (on i386) and they both works. There is
> only one problem I know of: only one, foreground, server updates screen.
> I think that fbdev server thinks that he is not visible when it gets

The console subsystem isn't yet multi-head aware. The X server shouldn't
receive the console switch signal when you switch to another VC on a different
frame buffer device. But to make that work and make really use of that, we need
support for multiple input devices first.

> console switch signal... SVGA server even switches into textmode... But
> they work in paralell. Also, maybe that you should run X on fb1 using

Yes, XF86_SVGA switches to text mode on VC switch. BTW, have you tried
XF86_SVGA with Gerd Knorr's patches to make it use fbdev? I assume that one
will keep the display image on VC switch.

Greetings,

						Geert

Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be