asm-m68k/setup.h in setup.h

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Fri Dec 31 00:41:32 EST 1999

Hi,
I'm playing with buildkernel from http://www.pobox.com/~wstearns/buildkernel/
That is a 'program' which should make it easy to build a kernel. I have
to find out......

Now this script removes all other archs from the kernel tree. Especially
the asm-m68k in the include directory.
When building the kernel it fails because asm-m68k/setup.h is not available.
I saw that asm-ppc/setup.h includes this file.
In asm-ppc/setup.h m68k_num_memory and m68k_memory are defined. These
two are declared extern in asm-m68k.
Are there other things needed from asm-m68k/setup.h?

I could build a kernel with the buildkernel script. I had to copy the
asm-m68k into the include directory.

Does it make lot of work to isolate the ppc tree? Or is there no need/
no wish to do that?
BTW, this is done on a 2214pre17 kernel. So if there are further changes
in 2.3???

Thanks
Andreas