X3.9.16 and kernel for Voodoo3

Kostas Gewrgiou gewrgiou at imbc.gr
Wed Dec 8 05:19:37 EST 1999

  I've been working for that last few days to add support for my voodoo3 card
in fbdev and XFree3.9.16
I think that now both the fb and the X driver are in a condition good enough
for release (no accel in console yet but X are acceled).

For the Xserver you just need to install the rpm, don't forget to backup
your old /etx/X11/XF86Config file before installing the rpm.
The rpm will install a /etx/X11/XF86Config unfortunately since the format
has changed you want be able to use Xconfigurator Xautoconfig to edit it.
Also make sure that /etc/X11/X is a link to /usr/X11R6/bin/X

You can get the test Xserver and the kernel from:
ftp://idd-01.imbc.gr/pub/voodoo3/XFree3916-3.9.16-1.ppc.rpm
ftp://idd-01.imbc.gr/pub/voodoo3/vmlinux-991207.bz2

I'll post the kernel patches and the xfree srpms sometime tomorrow

 Thanks

Kostas Gewrgiou