Debugging with thread(s)

Claude Robitaille crobitaille at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 7 13:58:45 EST 1999

Hi,

anybody has tried to debug an application that uses thread
using GUI frontend to gdb? I have try code_medic and kdbg
but in both cases, when I execute pthread_create I get an
unknown signal and the breakpoints I set in the called
(created) thread do not activate. I might have problem
with my code but I tried to put a while(1); right after
a printf just at the beginning of the created thread. I
put a breakpoint on the printf but I do get an ouput
in the program output window. (I also put a while(1);
in the calling code, just to make sure). I think, somehow,
the GUIs do not support threads. Any idea?

Claude