xDSL via PPPoE?

John L Grantham jgrantha at hannover.sgh-net.de
Tue Dec 7 07:05:34 EST 1999

Hi all,

Well, tomorrow is the big day for me: I'm getting ADSL from Deutsche
Telekom installed. Trouble is, in the meantime I have been doing research
and have found that xDSL in Germany is done with PPP over Ethernet
(PPPoE), and there apparently is only a buggy beta driver for Intel
Linux. Anything for PPPoE support under LinuxPPC?

If worse comes to worse, I will set up my iMac as a router and gateway
under MacOS, but would much rather have the G3 with Linux sitting
directly on the DSL pipe...

Can anybody suggest a fairly plain English HOWTO for getting PPPoE and
DSL running? (I'm using kernel 2.2.10 and Q3.) Where can I get the
drivers?

Thanks in advance...

cya

John

---

John Grantham | Freelance Graphic and Web Designer