patch for problem with va-ppc.h included with egcs and gcc-2.95.2

Jason Kim jwk2 at eecs.lehigh.edu
Wed Dec 1 05:05:55 EST 1999

> 1. this behaviour is mandated by the ABI

Hmm. I just checked the SYSVR4 ABI, and indeed it lists va_list as a typedef of
1 element array. Oh well. But I notice that va-ppc.h does not define
void *__va_arg(va_list argp, _va_arg_list_type type) which is *required* by the
same ABI <grin>

Do I smell a bug ?? ;)

> 2. it nicely spots a common programming error

Yes, but only in one assignment direction. In any case, it caught the error on
ssh, and I'll post LinuxPPC specific patches to ssh-2.0.13 soonish.

-jason