SMP support for Daystar 604e 200MHz dual-processor card

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Tue Aug 31 16:16:35 EST 1999

Hi there,

On  31 Aug, this message from David D. Kilzer echoed through cyberspace:
> Here's what's left of the boot messages on the screen in 2.2.12 from
> CVS that I compiled on Aug 29, 1999:

[snip]
> Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 104x39
> fb0: control display adapter
> ADB keyboard at 2, handler set to 3
> ADB mouse at 3, handler set to 2
> Serial driver version 4.27 with no serial options enabled

> Machine check in kernel mode.

This might be a shot in the dark, but I never heard of anyone
successfully compiling in standard serial support on the PowerMacs. I
tried it myself; I would get a panic upon initializing the serial
driver (exactly like above..).

So you might want to disable standard serial suport, and recompile...

Michel