Communicator Crashes X II

Takashi Oe toe at unlserve.unl.edu
Tue Aug 31 02:20:07 EST 1999

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Kevin Puetz wrote:

> A serial port buffer issue is behind the 'FB. overflow ####' crash, also
> often exposed during VT changes while PPP is running.

I think this crash will occur less often, once serial DMA support is
present.  I've just started writing the necessary DMA code, and I hope to
get something working within a few weeks for the receiving side.

> This could be related. Or it might not. I really don't know the subsystem
> well enough to say.

I don't really know either, but kernel may be spending too much time in
the interrupt handling section of the serial driver.

Takashi Oe