mac-2.3.14.diff: adb

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch
Tue Aug 31 01:52:45 EST 1999

Michael> Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> No drivers/adb to handle the ADB bus, the char driver should go in
>> drivers/char.
>>
>> I always disliked drivers/macintosh and drivers/sbus/char for that
>> matter as it seems to me like it was just an easy way to get things
>> past Linus.

Michael> I agree - IIRC Paul created drivers/macintosh as a quick fix to
Michael> get the Mac drivers integrated. I've suggested to move things
Michael> to other places, but Alan sait this would be 'a 2.3 thing' at
Michael> that time. Seems a bit late for that now.

IMHO there is still time, I doubt Linus would object to patch for this
at the moment.

Wouldn't it be natural to move the Mac 8530 serial driver to
drivers/char and the rest to drivers/adb? or is the via stuff not adb
related?

Paul what do you think?

Jes