no more processes crash

brad allison jackal at aol.net
Sat Aug 28 00:33:25 EST 1999

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Wulf Hofbauer wrote:

> > I'm not running much.  Just about 10 aterms, netscape and aim.
>
> Are you using LinuxPPC 1999? The utempter package as distributed by LinuxPPC
> is broken, xterms for example will never terminate (except by kill -9) and
> will fill up entries in the process table. I don't know if LinuxPPC has a
> fix for it (I doubt it), but you'll find the fix at www.redhat.com.

Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

I searched on lists.linuxppc.org for utempter and found no mention of this
problem.

I found rpm updates for utempter on www.redhat.com for i386, sparc, and
alpha but not for linuxppc.

-b

--
AOL SAPI 		                        703.265.0908     AIM:jackal242
http://jackal.fudge.org        `I was never more certain of how far away I was