mac-2.3.14.diff: adb

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch
Sat Aug 28 00:14:11 EST 1999

David> Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch> wrote:

>> Do not belong here, create a drivers/adb if you need it - stop
>> putting things in drivers/macintosh.

David> Well, drivers/macintosh is PPC ADB code.  If drivers/macintosh
David> shouldn't exist, then shouldn't it be changed or moved at a
David> higher level?

IMHO yes, ADB code will be useful to the NeXT people if they ever get
the port going.

David> In reality, there is some ADB mouse code in drivers/char, too, so
David> I wonder if drivers/char/adb would make more/less sense than
David> drivers/adb?

No drivers/adb to handle the ADB bus, the char driver should go in
drivers/char.

I always disliked drivers/macintosh and drivers/sbus/char for that
matter as it seems to me like it was just an easy way to get things past
Linus.

Jes