BootX enhancement request

Robert Shaw robert.shaw at motorola.com
Tue Aug 24 02:00:01 EST 1999

Brad,

Once again, you DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS! The B&W G3 now has video support.

If you've downloaded the latest kernel from my web-site, you can specify the
video mode you want from the kernel arguments of BootX. Add the following to you
kernel arguments:

video=aty128fb:vmode:17,cmode:32

That will give you 1024x768 @ 75Hz, w/32bpp. Piece of cake, no init'ing, no
rebooting, no running Xautoconfig.

The FAQ page at my site (http://www.inficad.com/~rshaw/g3_faq.shtml) also has the
reproduction of the vmode settings that are available. They work, and no running
of Xautoconfig is needed.

-Robert
rshaw at inficad.com
http://www.inficad.com/~rshaw/