Various PMac PCI patches

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sat Aug 21 03:10:32 EST 1999

On  19 Aug, this message from Ryan Nielsen echoed through cyberspace:
> Michel Lanners wrote:
>> > isa_io_base is set to the address of bus 0 !
>> > so inl() and friends use wrong address for cards on bus 1.
>>
>> That's expected (and broken) behaviour right now; I know how to correct
>> the problem, but I need to do some hacking to get it coded right.
>
> What are you plannering ?
>
> I got tulip working by #define _IO_BASE DRIVER_IO_BASE (ifdef) in asm/io.h
> and define DRIVER_IO_BASE to a value from pci_io_base(bus) in tulip.c

Fixing IO space addresses in the kernel pci structs, so that any driver
referencing the pci structs gets the right kernel virtual address for
the  ports without fiddling with _IO_BASE. In fact, it means adding an
offset to the address reported in the PCI device's config registers.
This offset id provided by the parent bus bridge.

Michel