Bugs in xfree68 that made it fail with jdk 1.2.1 found and fixed (fwd)

Kostas Gewrgiou gewrgiou at imbc.gr
Fri Aug 20 03:38:00 EST 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Kostas Gewrgiou wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > Anybody who'd care to try? I just erased my XFree86 3.3.x tree.
> > >
> > > BTW, I'm always willing to test a glibc-2.1 binary :-)
> > >

> >  I had to erase my build of 3.9.15x to make space for the 3.3.x build *sigh* :(
> > I'll have a binary in a few hours if you are intrested (Builds take a looong
> > time in my 604 at 132). I have to see if i can fix the no video drivers and the
> > Modes "default" case first (and write a cleaner patch ;).
>
> I'm interested for sure!
>
> Greetings,
>
> 						Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
> Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP}  http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/
> Department of Computer Science -- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven -- Belgium

  Test binary at ftp://idd-01.imbc.gr/pub/XF68_FBDev.bz2
depth 15 works (requires a Depth 15 entry in XF68Config)
the XFree86-VidModeExtension is also working same with xvidtune..

 I haven't tested it at all with no video drivers or with no modes set in
the config (its probably broken there), i'll do proper fixes in the next
couple of days but feel free to test it now if you want.

 Kostas.