[linux-fbdev] Re: readl() and friends and eieio on PPC

Jes Sorensen Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch
Mon Aug 16 17:11:19 EST 1999

Paul> Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen at cern.ch> wrote:
>> Defininf a C function with the name of a PPC specific assembler
>> function is pretty stupid. To the best of my knowledge wmb() is the
>> generic name for the thing you are looking for.

Paul> Not exactly, in fact iobarrier() is probably better.

Hmmmm

Probably right, as long as it is made clear that iobarrier() means
memory mapped I/O and not I/O mapped I/O. The name is easy to
misunderstand IMHO.

Other than that I agree, question is whether we need to add more
functions - it seems we are already overly confused.

Jes