Trying a Promise Ultra/66 on powerpc

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Sun Aug 15 19:20:58 EST 1999

Hello,

> Exactly what I meant. I feel drivers shouldn't read addresses directly
> from config space, but rather from the pci_dev struct, so that any
> necessary pcibios_fixup() can be made. By the way, the same is true for
> interrupts....

   They really shouldn't and I hope I've already fixed all drivers
in the kernel not to do that.

   Actually, it's already documented in Documentation/pci.txt :-)

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers."  -- Pablo Picasso