IDE on Motorola Hardware

Alois Fertl alois_fertl at TalkNet.de
Sun Aug 15 07:30:50 EST 1999

Cort, Eric

Some time ago I issued a patch to fix IDE related problems on Motorola
hardware. This patch was not specific enough and broke the IDE support
on IBM. Here is a revised version which hopefully will not break other
systems.

For me this patch works on a RiscPC with the 87303 and on a system
with the WINBOND chip for both disks and CD drives.

Note:
IDE disks may appear to work correctly. It is possible to fdisk and
to generate filesystems. If such a disk is than connected to a intel
system, it will not be recognized due to the byte swapping.