HFS+ support?

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Wed Aug 11 19:25:15 EST 1999

According to Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:

> > Are there current efforts to make this filesystem available?  If so,
> > where can I find more information and possibly assist?  If not, what's
> > the right way to start such an effort?
>
> Have Apple put out any HFS+ documentation yet ?

Yes (updated in March 1999)

Technical Note 1150 does provide enough information (aparently)
to write support for HFS+:

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1150.html

Darwin OS source code (from http://publicsource.apple.com/)
contains a working HFS+ file system implementation that can be
used as a reference in case of lacks in the documentation.

Hub