cvs.on.openprojects.net status?

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 10 21:01:34 EST 1999

Hollis R Blanchard wrote:

> What's the deal with the CVS tree? The kernel I compiled from it a week or so
> ago has a very screwed platinumfb driver, but now the cvs server
> cvs.on.openprojects.net does not exist. www.openprojects.net has moved to
> openprojects.nu, but no mention made of CVS anywhere...
>
> Is it just a matter of waiting for it to get set up again, or should I be
> looking elsewhere?

The cvs server is alive again now, and the linux_2_2 branch has moved to
2.2.11 with a great many updates.

The kernel doesn't compile, though. There is a new line

  EXPORT_SYMBOL(init_task_union);

in kernel/ksyms.c which conflicts with the same line in
arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c. One of the two has to go.

The kernel compiles then. It doesn't boot, though. On my 6400, it gets
as far as
  INIT: version 2.74 booting
and then hangs. The 2.2.10 compiled with the same config options boots
OK.

Seems that not much testing for the PPC is going on for the vger tree.

--
Martin