What is being setup in chrp_setup_pci_ptrs()?

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Aug 10 18:17:04 EST 1999

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 Andrew_Klosterman at 3com.com wrote:
>      In the function chrp_setup_pci_ptrs() at the end of the file
> /arch/ppc/kernel/chrp_pci.c there are three different variables that are
> initialized depending on the system being used:
>      pci_dram_offset,
>      isa_mem_base and
>      isa_io_base.
>
>      Could someone please explain to me what the addresses these variables refer
> to mean, please?

  - pci_dram_offset: address at which system memory starts when viewed from a
                     PCI device. CPU and PCI may have a different view to RAM.
  - isa_mem_base: address where the ISA memory space is located (first 1 MB on
		  a PC)
  - isa_io_base: address where the ISA I/O space is located (65536 I/O ports on
		 a PC)

Greetings,

						Geert

Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be