mace:transmit timeout - resetting

Paul Mackerras paulus at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 10 16:06:17 EST 1999

Patrick Berge <pberge at stny.rr.com> wrote:

>  I have am receiving "mace:transmit timeout - resetting" sporadically.

But do you see any problems with the network apart from the message?

The reason for the message is that there are some bugs in the mace
chip which cause it to lock up very occasionally.  When the driver
detects this condition, it prints this message and tries to reset the
chip.  If your network keeps working, then it means that the driver
successfully got the mace chip going again.

> Any ideas about my problem and/or the meaning of the HZ would be
> helpful.

HZ is the number of timer interrupts per second.

Paul.