Trying a Promise Ultra/66 on powerpc

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at mvista.com
Mon Aug 9 15:38:24 EST 1999

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Paul Mackerras wrote:

> David A. Gatwood <dgatwood at mvista.com> wrote:
>
> > You mean for IDE?  Check the MkLinux driver.  One of Apple's folks ported
> > some OS X (server?) code in for IDE DMA timings a couple months back.
>
> I saw some code in the macosx driver that looks in the driveid and
> figures it all out - is that what you mean?

I have _no_ idea where in the code the guy found this stuff.  :-)

> I guess I was asking whether there was already some nifty function in
> the Linux kernel that did for DMA modes what ide_get_best_pio_mode
> does for PIO modes.
>
> Also, do you have a cvsweb server for your cvs repository?  I don't
> want to have to checkout 10s of MB of source just to look at a couple
> of files. :-)  (See http://samba.org/cvs.html if you haven't come
> across cvsweb before.)

I haven't set up CVSweb, but you can just check out a couple of files.
The relevant ones are

osfmk/src/mach_kernel/ppc/POWERMAC/wd.c
osfmk/src/mach_kernel/ppc/POWERMAC/wdreg.h
osfmk/src/mach_kernel/ppc/POWERMAC/wd_entries.h

And you're right, I should set that up....  :-)

Later,
David