initrd troubles

Charles Lepple clepple at mitre.org
Fri Aug 6 01:12:32 EST 1999

Did initrd support break in 2.3.x? I'm trying to load an inital ramdisk
on a Dy4 card, and the ramdisk.image.gz data is preserved when the card
boots into linux (passes a simple checksum test). However, I can only
list directories in the filesystem -- any time I try and read a
pre-existing file, it is empty (stat calls return a non-zero size,
though), and when I write a file and read it back, it seems to work. (Of
course, this means that I can't exec() anything that was on the
filesystem when the card boots...) Anyone seen this?

--Charles Lepple
clepple at mitre.org