OF booting of G3-upgraded 7600?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Aug 4 20:25:09 EST 1999

Hi all,

More details on my OF booting problems:

On   2 Aug, this message from mlan at cpu.lu echoed through cyberspace:
> Anybody have any idea why a 7600 upgraded with a littleJoe G3 card
> can't boot through OF? I always get a 'Default Catch'.

The error messages are:

- on boot:

Default Catch!, code=FFF00400

- on subsequent 'boot' commands:

0> boot Claim failed
 ok
0>

I do have a boot-command setting thaht makes sure the disk has had time
to spin up, and retries loading multiple times.

Any thoughts? Anyone able to decode the Default Catch?

Michel