internal zip drive support on a G3 laptop

brad allison jackal at aol.net
Mon Aug 2 07:50:24 EST 1999

It doesn't appear that I can mount my internal zip drive from either bay.

I'm using gdr's 2.2.10 off of (http://gdr.free.fr/linux.html).

bash-2.03# dmesg |grep -i zip
hdc: IOMEGA MAC ZIP 100 MAC ATAPI, ATAPI CDROM drive

bash-2.03# mount -t hfs /dev/hdc /zip
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       or too many mounted file systems

I've tried it in both the left (hde) and right (hdc) bays.

Since it's a mac formatted zip disk it should mount up as hfs file system.

Is there support in the 2.2.10 kernel for this or am I doing something
wrong?

I also backed out and testing it with the "Very Stable G3 laptop" kernel
from the CD which is 2.2.1 and I get the same error.

-b

--
AOL SAPI 		                        703.265.0908     AIM:jackal242
http://jackal.fudge.org        `I was never more certain of how far away I was