Endianess problems in linuxppc kernel

Christian Bauer Christian.Bauer at uni-mainz.de
Wed Apr 28 20:13:55 EST 1999

Hi!

>>   Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
>>     Unknown class: Apple Unknown device (rev 1).
>>       Vendor id=106b. Device id=7.
>>       Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.
>>       Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf3000000 [0xf3000000].
>
>Do you know which Apple chip is this, so it can be added to the pciutils
>database?

The device tree has this to say:

Devices:device-tree:bandit:ohare
#address-cells = [00000001 = 1]
#size-cells = [00000001 = 1]
AAPL,address = [f3000000 = -218103808]
assigned-addresses
class-code = [00ff0000 = 16711680]
device-id = [00000007 = 7]
device_type = "dbdma"
devsel-speed = [00000001 = 1]
max-latency = [00000000 = 0]
min-grant = [00000000 = 0]
model = "AAPL,343S0172"
name = "ohare"
ranges
reg
revision-id = [00000001 = 1]
vendor-id = [0000106b = 4203]

>You are using atyfb? What kind of ATI Mach64 chip do you have?

ATI 264VT2

>I'd say the wrong values are written to MEM_CNTL. But atyfb always writes the
>same values to MEM_CNTL, i.e. it doesn't depend on what MacOS did before?!?

Maybe the host bridge also does byte swapping on the frame buffer??

Bye,
Christian

--
  / Coding on PowerPC and proud of it