CD Drive problems...

Velasquez, Carlos cv49989 at imcnam.sbi.com
Fri Apr 23 04:31:09 EST 1999

Hello,

Has anyone tried installing LinuxPPC on a Umax S900? I am trying to install
it and for some reason the installer is unable to recognize the CD Drive.
The error I get is  "Mount parameter error"
then "could not mount /dev/scd0"

My machine is a stock Umax S900 with a 604e PPC CPU, 160Meg ram, 2.1G SCSI
hard drive, SCSI CD Rom Drive, ixTwinTurbo graphics card with 8Meg video
ram.

Anyone have any ideas??

Carlos