Current egcs, binutils and kernel (fwd)

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Apr 20 21:39:39 EST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:15:41 +0200
From: Reinhard Nissl <rnissl at gmx.de>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven at cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
Cc: "linux-apus at sunsite.auc.dk" <linux-apus at sunsite.auc.dk>
Subject: Re: Current egcs, binutils and kernel

Hi,

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> > has anyone had success in compiling (egcs-1.1.2 and binutils-2.9.1.0.23)
> > the current APUS kernel with support for network block devices (nbd.c)?
> >
> > I get an undefined reference to __lshrdi3 from nbd_ioctl(), which looks
> > like a compiler / binutils bug.
>
> Hence a __lshrdi3() routine needs to be added to arch/ppc/kernel/misc.S.

I had a look into misc.S and found similar routines (__ashrdi3) there. Then I
searched in the egcs-1.1.2 sources for files, where such functions are
referenced. I found definitions in egcs-1.1.2/gcc/config/rs6000/rs6000.md but
they are not native ppc assembler instructions. As I'm not that much used to
*.md files and ppc assembly code, I'm currently not able to define the missing
function in misc.S myself.

I checked the kernel source diffs from version 2.2.4 to 2.2.6 for lshrdi3 and
had only success for arch=sparc. So, is there anybody who can add the missing
function to misc.S for arch=ppc?

> Greetings,
>
>                                                 Geert

Bye.