quik vs. bootx

Tom Rini tmrini at ntplx.net
Wed Apr 14 07:26:31 EST 1999

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Jim Somerville wrote:

> None of my systems have MacOS on them...I'm using quik.  I have no desire
> to reinstall MacOS just so I can boot linux.  Will quik work with the 2.2
> kernel, or will I be screwed here?  I'm currently using 2.1.24 on all my
> systems.

Quik works fine w/ 2.2.x and 2.1.xxx.  Tho when you install R5 you might
have a bit of trouble. (BootX only install ATM, but putting the ramdisk
and a vmlinux into a .coff ala R4 is doable of course.  And if anyone
wishes to make the installer do the Quik things needed, patches are
welcome.)

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/