ggi and frame buffer

Niels Roest N.P.Roest at ITS.TUDelft.NL
Wed Apr 14 02:32:06 EST 1999

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, satadru pramanik wrote:

> Since linuxppc defaults to using a FB-device, ggi should work, right?  So
> I compiled the latest snapshit, and when I tried to run a demo, ie
> "cube3d" I got this:
> cube3d: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libgg.so.0:
> R_PPC_REL2
> 4 relocation out of range
>
> Any clues to what this is?  Has anybody gotten libgii and libggi to work
> successfully on LinuxPPC, especially pre-rel5?

I did compile it on pre-rel5, the one with libc-2.0.108, and kernel 2.2.1,
on an 7600 (that's with a control chip if that matters)
It was a while ago, I rm-ed the sources, but I tried
it on linux-heretic (I compiled both xheretic and ggiheretic)
and it still works ok. Note: this is not on console, but in X.
I didn't try it in console. so ggi on X works.
Niels