LinuxPPC on a Motorola MVME2400

David De Ridder s970707 at uia.ua.ac.be
Tue Apr 13 23:45:19 EST 1999

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Simone Piccardi wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for the info. I was trying to build the cross-compiler (so still
> I do not even try to boot the system). I look at your page, but I find a
> broken link for binutils.

 Hmm, it seems the maintainer of the Pre-R5 archive is updating his
 site. I don't know how long it will take for the site to get back.
 I do know that a Redhat 4 will cause problems. It did with my board and
 with other folks' boards too. If you can find a more recent Redhat for
 PPC, it might be better. But I cannot say for sure.

> I have also another question, I'm using RedHat 5.2 that has egcs 1.0.3
> (but not for gcc, must I switch to Debian?).
> I find some rpm for egcs 1.1.2, but in the page you are using 1.1.1,
> must I find this release ?

 A more recent egcs can only be better ! Honestly, I don't know if it
 will cause troubles, but I think it's OK. The gcc on my MVME board is
 egcs and gcc version 2.9.1.

 Regards,

|   David 'Septimus' De Ridder   | "Never underestimate the       |
|                                |  power of the soul unleashed." |
| <david.de.ridder at bitsmart.com> |   - 'Essence Flare', M:TG      |