SMP DayStar nPOWER

Sacha Varma sacha at ssl.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 20:21:18 EST 1999

I have a DayStar nPower dual 604e daughtercard (in a PowerComputing
PowerWave), for which it would appear there is currently no support in
the kernel.

How can I go about adding support for this?
Has anyone else attempted this and failed?
What tech specs do I need?
Is smp.c the only file that needs updating?
Is there a guide somewhere for adding support for MP boards?

I have no experience in this area, but think it would be a good way to
learn more about the kernel.

On a related note - I noticed a TotalImpact config option when building
the kernel; does this mean that TotalImpact boards are supported? (and
if so, what configurations?)

Ta,

Sacha.

sacha varma : system simulation ltd : sacha at ssl.co.uk