via-cuda crashing ?

Jens Ch. Restemeier jenschrr at post.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Dec 28 09:18:22 EST 1998

Hi !

Nobody had any documentation on via-cuda, so I started some experiments
by myself. After a lot of reboots I found that after sending an
incomplete I2C request
- via cuda polling doesn't return
- if I use a timeout and send the next command anyway I get a
kernel-panic.

Is there any way to tell cuda: "Whatever you do, stop it and return to
normal operation" ?

I need this to implement I2C bus scanning.

Jens