workaround for broken 'make xconfig' on ppc

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at drgw.net
Wed Dec 23 16:08:05 EST 1998

After using make xconfig on i386 earlier today, I finally decided to
figure out why it's broke on PPC. I found that there's something not
working right in scripts/tkgen.c where 'global CONFIG_SOUND' isn't being
put into the tk script in the 'update_mainmenu' function.

This cause the script to bomb with a 'can't find variable $CONFIG_SOUND'
error.

This doesn't show up on i386 since CONFIG_SOUND isn't the last item, like
it is on PPC.

By adding the following to linux/arch/ppc/, make xconfig now works:

-----

mainmenu_option next_comment
comment 'make Xconfig is broken'
bool 'Xconfig is broken' CONFIG_BROKEN_XCONFIG
endmenu