TurboMouse fix

john s jacobs anderson jacobs at azstarnet.com
Wed Dec 23 08:59:42 EST 1998

> Hmm, maybe something in your header files?  ADB_WRITEREG is defined (on
> my system) in /usr/include/asm/adb_mouse.h.  Look for this file and see
> what's there.

OMM, the /usr/include/asm dir is a symlink to asm-ppc in the kernel
source, which is 2.1.131. That file contains a struct def for
mouse_status, and that's all. The ADB_WRITEREG, etc. #defines are in
adb.h.

> I'm surprised it complains about "ADB-WRITEREG" when the code uses
> "ADB_WRITEREG".  You didn't happen to "fix" this while trimming the
> file in pico, did you?

No, I screwed up while re-typing the error messages into my email.
Nothing in between the --cut here-- and --cut here-- (or whatever you
had delimiting the code) was changed.

(Is it just me, or is everybody assuming I'm way more stupid than is
necessary? I followed instructions, and when that didn't work, I provided
the requested feedback, and so far I've got two condescending emails to
show for it.)

> I really don't know if mousehack is useful (or even necessary) with a v4.0
> TurboMouse.  I assume you've tried the "mousemode" command?

Well, Mark Abene(sp?) has said in this thread that mousehack doesn't work
with the 4.0 balls. I've tried mousemode; the mouse just switches back.

Maybe it's time to start shopping for one of the 5.0 turbo mice -- too
bad, the design and construction seems a lot more solid on the 4.0 models.

john.
jacobs at treefort.org
www.treefort.org/~jacobs