TurboMouse fix

Mark Abene phiber at radicalmedia.com
Wed Dec 23 05:29:04 EST 1998

Three things:

1) mousehack is **ONLY** for TurboMouse 5.0 trackballs!  Not two button 4.0's.
I had written a hack last year for my 4.0, but abandoned it when I got a 5.0.
The 4.0 would actually require kernel mods to the ADB code since the two buttons
send left and right arrow-key keycodes, and the kernel would have to recognize
that they were coming from a different ADB address in order to properly treat
them as mouse-button events.  Otherwise, the kernel just thinks you have two
keyboards.  At least in kernel 2.1.24, the adb code treats anything with
dev-handler 2 as a keyboard, which in this case is faulty logic.

2) You should NEVER edit source code with pico, since it breaks wrapped lines
which turns source code into useless mulch.

3) Did you type in your error messages by hand?  The macro used in my program
is ADB_WRITEREG, with an underscore, not a hyphen.  It's no shock that the
hyphenated version is undefined, as it don't exist.

-Mark