TCPv4 checksum errors

Arno Griffioen arno at usn.nl
Tue Dec 22 21:13:26 EST 1998

> > BTW, do all of the PPC's which exhibit the behavior use the same
> > ethernet controller?
>
> Yes, we all have Tulip boards (I think >95% of the PPC users have Tulip
> boards). And the message on linux-kernel about checksum errors on ARM related
> to Tulip made me suspicious at well...

Suggestion:

Perhaps you should try some tests with an Amiga/PPC machine. That definitely
doesn't use the Tulip board, but is PPC based. Can't help you there yet
though as Linux/PPC dies with a machine-check when I try to access
the brain-dead ISA NE2000 in my machine.

Should give some clue about either the PPC checksum-computation or
the ethernet card doing 'nasty things'.

								Bye Arno.

--
Internet Exchange Europe B.V.Fax: +31-70-3630470 | One disk to rule them all,
Lange Voorhout 9             Tel: +31-70-3600379 | One disk to bind them,