mousemode.c ADB Reset patch

Tom Harrington tph at rmi.net
Tue Dec 22 15:25:35 EST 1998

Below is a patch for mousemode.c that I hacked up.  It adds an "ADB
reset" option to the code.  I don't know if it's useful to anyone
not hacking ADB code (and occasionally causing devices to stop responding),
but feel free to use it if you like it.

What happens is, if you do "mousemode -1", the address is caught.  Rather
than try to use the address, the new reset_adb() function is called.

Tom Harrington

--- Cut here ---
5a6,9
>  * ADB Reset option added by Tom Harrington (tph at rmi.net).  Also changed
>  * "asm/adb.h" to "asm/adb_mouse.h", which seems to be necessary with
>  * LinuxPPC R4.
>  *
18c22,23
< #include <asm/adb.h>
---
> /*#include <asm/adb.h>*/
> #include <asm/adb_mouse.h>
109a115,131
> void
> reset_adb(void)
> {
>       /* I don't know if this'll be useful to anyone not hacking ADB code, but you never know. */
>       unsigned char y[15];
>       y[0] = ADB_PACKET;
>       y[1] = ADB_BUSRESET;
>       send(y,2);
>       listen(y);
>
>       /* My Apple Extended Keyboard II needs flushing after a reset or it'll start sending repeated CRs.
>        * Don't know if this is universal, or even common, but it shouldn't hurt. (tph at rmi.net)  */
>       y[1] = ADB_FLUSH(2);
>       send(y,2);
>       listen(y);
> }

120a143
>       printf(" With addr=-1 and no handler, reset the ADB chain.\n");
136a160,163
>     } else if(addr == -1) {
>         /* Send a reset */
>       printf("Resetting ADB chain\n");