Porting a driver from x86 to LinucPPC

Bryan Christianson bryanc at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 16 21:06:43 EST 1998

I'm trying to port a device driver from x86 to linuxppc. I am running into
problems with big/little endian-ness.

The device is a PCI card. Do I need to explicitly translate the data
between big-endian and little-endian or will the io routines (outl, inl and
inw) take care of this for me? On x86 I didn't even think about this issue,
but now I have a feeling that maybe I should have.

--
Bryan Christianson
email:		<mailto:bryanc at ihug.co.nz>