BootX, ramdisk and root device

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Wed Dec 16 00:37:56 EST 1998

Hi All !

A couple of questions for which I would like feed-back before changing BootX:

I've seen users having troubles because they both checked the "Use RAM
Disk" box and wrote some incorrect infos in the /dev/xxx edit field of BootX.

I was wondering: Is there any case where a user may want to have both
"Use RamDisk" and a specified root device ? Should I ignore the content
of the root device field when ram disk is used ? (It still possible to
force it by typing the parameter manually in the kernel args anyway).

Similar issue: should I lookup and remove any "video=xxxx" option from
the kenrnel args prior to booting the kernel when "no video driver" is
checked or is this harmless ?

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40 at calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>