PReP RTC vs Decrementer accuracy...

Dan Malek dmalek at jlc.net
Mon Dec 14 17:45:30 EST 1998

Gabriel Paubert wrote:

> Yes, the problem is the good old 601. The TB uses different register
> numbers (it's called the RTC, split into RTCU and RTCL like TBU and TBL).

I'll take a look at this.  I don't think it is a problem.  I only use the
lower part to count 10 millisecond timer interrupts, and as long
as I know where it wraps around, it should be fine.  As long as
there are timebase compare registers that interrupt when a match
occurs on either upper or lower, we are all set.  Different register
numbers are OK because all get/set operations are implementation
defined functions.

    -- Dan