New XF68_FBDev

Zach Metzinger wizkid at ksu.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:05:20 EST 1998

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 03:27:08PM -0500, Randy Gobbel wrote:

> Using XF68_FBDevv-accel-ppc-19981204-2, I'm seeing some trashed pixels when
> doing solid window moves and when scrolling, at both 8 and 16 bpp.  It looks to
> me like the BITBLTs are picking up bits from the framebuffer rather than from
> the window.  xrefresh puts things back in order.

Well, bitblt's do pick up bits from the framebuffer and not from the system
memory. That's why it's called acceleration, the video card's graphics
engine does the moving of data within the framebuffer memory on behalf of
the X server. No idea why it does this, however, since -accel-ppc exits
on signal 11 (Segv) on my machine.

--- Zach