pre-R5&miscs

Brad Ackerman bsa3 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 8 17:13:29 EST 1998

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Martin Costabel wrote:

> This is a new installer (Redhat 5.1, I guess). The old one doesn't work
> with the files they put into the base folder. It is so new that
> apparently they have not yet had the time to write instructions. The
> following worked for me:
[^O]

This may work for hard drives, but it doesn't work for install off CD-ROM.
The installer quits after I select the CD-ROM installation option with a
second-stage bootloader "file not found" error.

[There's no vmlinux given for R5b1, so I'm using the R4 installer's copy.
The CD from which I am trying to install is in ISO-9660/RockRidge format,
made with mkisofs on an IBM RS/6000 SP[1], with the RedHat directory in
the root.]

[1] Not that I think this part makes much difference [except to my CPU
quota], but you never know.

Brad Ackerman N1MNB      "...faced with the men and women who bring home
bsa3 at cornell.edu          the pork, voters almost always re-elect them."
http://skaro.pair.com/                   -- _The Economist_, 31 Oct 1998