EGCS 1.1.1 FYI

Ralf Weidemann RalfW at Scalar.de
Tue Dec 8 09:22:42 EST 1998

    Paul> So are Gary Thomas' patches still necessary?

    David> 	The trampoline patch now has become a shared library
    David> compatibility issue for glibc-1.99 support.  It only is
    David> necessary until LinuxPPC cuts over to glibc-2.1 which will
    David> require other binary incompatible changes at the same time.

Can someone clarify where the problem is exact with native
egcs and libc-1.99 ? I use egcs-1.1.1 since the weekend and
it seems to work fine. I had no trouble to build some shared
lib stuff like in the latest jade or sgml-tools. This packages
didn't compile with older version I tried (also Gary's egcs-1.1b),
but that were generell compiler issues, I think.

But on the other side I also tried to run the SeaMonkeyBrowser
(Mozilla) from recent cvs-sources. Building went fine, but the
beast didn't run. I get only a simple "Aborted" message on the
console and it seems to crash somewhere in the startup code.
So maybe this is somehow related ?

Had someone luck to run a recent version of Mozilla at all on
LinuxPPC ?

Thanks,
Ralf