XF68_FBDev under MkLinux?

Kohkichi Hosoda khosoda at venus.dti.ne.jp
Tue Dec 8 00:57:52 EST 1998

>> Did you fix the problem with the non-working option (alt)
>> keys?  In the XF68_FBDev of the new R5beta linuxppc, it
>> is still there.  For me (PM6400, standard Apple keyboard
>> and 1-button mouse), XF68_FBDev is pretty much useless.

Geert> What about the XF68_FBDev from XFree86 3.3.3?

Hi,

I just installed Xfree86-3.3.3 and XF68_FBDev on PowerMac
8500/120 (standard Apple keyboard, 1-button mouse and
linuxpmac 2.1.125).  The situation was the same as Martin.
So, I added adb_buttons=1 in boot-file and restarted the
system.  Then it seems to me that option key itself acts
like right button.  However, there is no middle button
emulation.

Somebody in this list I can't remember (sorry) wrote that
adb_buttons=1 option enable the right option- and control-
keys to emulate mouse buttons.  Unfortunately, my standard
Apple keyboard has left option- and control- keys but does
not have right ones. :-(

Kohkichi Hosoda

E-mail address: khosoda at venus.dti.ne.jp