pre-R5 and XFree86-3.3.3

Tom Rini tmrini at ntplx.net
Mon Dec 7 15:07:46 EST 1998

Ok.  Assuming everything is setup like it should be, sometime between now
and two days from now, two sets of XFree86-3.3.3 rpms should show up on
dev.linuxppc.org for pre-R5 (ie glibc 2.0.10x).  XFree86-3.3.3-*-10a is
3.3.3 with the patches for the non-accel Xpmac and FBDev.  -10b (building
now) has Xpmac_mga from 981122 and Geerts accel patch from 981204-2.   I'm
not sure how but I believe there's an option to turn off accel in Xpmac if
needed, and adding option noaccel (Geert?) to your XF86Config will turn
off accel in the FBDev server.  The reason of course for the delay is
mirroring it all over. :)

Of course if I'm wrong about the setup then it may take a bit longers for
'em to show up.

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://dobbstown.yeti.edu/